Saturday, June 30, 2018

Sweet 16 Meets Broadway Star Paper Pumpkin Alternative

I created this card for my niece, who turns 16 this August!! The Lovely Lipstick color is just positively perfect for a young girls card. Of course the sequence and sparkle along side of the gorgeous color helps a little also! I am so excited now to be able to give her this and celebrate along with her. 



Her name is Chloe Michelle and met her about 15 years ago when I first met my husband Brian. After meeting Brian, I met his family the very next day... not kidding! The premise for this fast introduction is, his brother had a baby (my other niece Breanna). We were already attached at the hips, hence why I came along. And Chloe now 16 was only 1 and the cutest little one year old you've ever seen! Here is a picture of her when we babysat them about a month or so after.


Ok back to the card.... I used the gold adhesive backed sequins from the Paper Pumpkin kit and also the Metallic Sequins Assortment to fill the window. As you can tell in the picture I placed the Adhesive backed sequins randomly around the 16. This way when the card isn't being shaken there is still some pretties towards the top of the window.


The base card is made from the Thick Whisper White Cardstock 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" layered with Lovely Lipstick 4" x 5 1/4" piece. The pink layer is ran through the big shot with the Sparkle Textured Embossing Folder. The black and white striped paper from the PP kit was cut to 4" x 3 1/2". 

The Window was made from the layering Squares Framelits, the largest die is measured at 3" x 3". Then I just cut with my Paper trimmer 1/4" all the way around the square. Using the Window Sheets and the Foam Adhesive Strips I created the Window underneath the Black Cardstock. Tip: place a little pile of the sequins in the center of the card, then adhere Window on top of card. 

Last but not least the part that tells us we are celebrating the number 16.. Hooray!! In my opinion this die cut sticker is the best part of June's Paper Pumpkin kit, and the coolest part of any card it sticks to.


The inside of this card I used the sentiments from the Broadway Birthday stamp set. The little birthday hats are also in this set, they were stamped with the Lovely Lipstick ink.


I had so much fun creating this card for my niece and love that I got to share it with the online world. If there is anything in this blog post that interested you, I use all my products from the StampinUp! product line. Shop my online Store Here to purchase products needed for this project.

Happy Stampin,
Love
Dawn




!!Make time for crafting today not tomorrow!! 
#MAKETIME




No comments:

Post a Comment