Sunday, March 25, 2018

A Man's Birthday Card

The Card in a box a conquest that I have been wanting to defeat. To me I thought it looked difficult. That I would need to make time, to take on this card.
Then It came time for my husband's 40th Birthday, I wanted to do something special for him. I have not usually made a card for him either because I never thought he truly would care to get one. I realized that this was silly and figured why not. This card now sits on his desk. 😍
I had also thought to buy some Lottery tickets for him including some scratch offs. I thought they might fit inside this type of card. So the day had come, to make time for this card that had been suspended in my mind, waiting to be created.



How excited I was to realize how easy this card was.
Seriously so easy.. 


I used the Truly Tailored Stamp Set and True Gentleman Designer Series Paper. Paired with the Night of Navy Cardstock and Tailored Tag Punch this is unquestionably a perfect masculine card. 



In addition, I used small stripes of Window Sheets to hold up the you're a Fox Tag and the Looking Sharp Tag. They became part of the exploding affect, when the card is opened and displayed.


As you can see when you fold the card to make it flat for mailing it turns to a simple square.
This starts with a base of 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock cut vertically at 5 1/2". Then you lay the sheet Horizontally and score at
2  5/8", 5  1/4", 7  7/8" and 10 1/2". Turn Cardstock Vertically again and score at 2 1/2" Then with your Paper snips you cut the lower Right Rectangle off and then cut up towards the middle on the three creases to the left of this rectangle. This is now your base, use bone folder to make creases stronger.


 Keep following my Blog and I will do another card like this again with better pictures and measurements. Maybe possibly a video to make the assembly even easier for you to duplicate. I genuinely can not wait to make another.

Happy Stampin!
Love
Dawn

💗 !!Make time for crafting today not tomorrow!! 💗
#MAKETIME

No comments:

Post a Comment