Thursday, April 12, 2018

Kids Birthday Fun Window Fold with Magical Mates


These were so much fun to make, I got the idea from Debbie Henderson with Debbie's Designs. She did her card with the set One Wild Ride, if your into motorcycles that is the set for you!! I already had in my head that I wanted to do some cards for kiddos. One of my customers and friend Lori said she needed kiddo birthday cards. I was so bummed to see that this set Magical Day was going to be retired so I had to put it to good use! 


The Sentiments on both cards are from Five for All Stamp Set, that is also retiring as of May 31st.


The Paper on the front of both cards is from the Myths and Magic Specialty Designer Serious Paper.


Pretty much everything I used for this card is on page 37 of the Occasion's Catalog. The Myths & Magic Suite, I used the Magical Day Stamp set the matching Magical Mate Framelits. Also used the Washi Tape and the 6x6 Glimmer Paper on the girl cards. I know my son wouldn't want sparkly paper on his card if it were his...and he's only six years old. lol! 😆



The Girlie colors of these two cards are so beautiful, I used Fresh Fig for the bases on both. And used the Blender pens to color in the unicorn and mermaid.




You can see in both of these pics, that it is just the two pieces of cardstock for this Fancy Fold.


The Fresh Fig is your normal size card base of a 8 1/2" x 11" piece cut in half at 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". Then the Whisper White piece is 5 1/2" x 6 1/2" and the scored at 1/2", 2 1/2", & 4 1/2". I also used the Layering Circle Framelits for the center Circles on the front of the card.



I made these boy ones first because I have two son's, so of course I tend to use the boyish stuff. My Friend Lori has two girls which is why I proceeded with the Girlie rendition's as well. I really love the Bermuda Bay Blue looks so striking against the Basic Gray of this card.


The Knight was colored with the Stampin Write Markers, and the Dragon was cut out of the Designer Serious Paper Myths and Magic. I really liked the Dragon image so making it fit on this card was a little difficult.. hence the slice thru his body. I really like the way it turned out though with the fold thru his chest.. 😄



The Sentiment on the inside is a larger stamped image with all the words together. Cutting all the words apart with my Paper Snips so it could fit, I think is what made the design of this card so cute!

I am going to try again at Video Vlogging tomorrow with this card and show you how I made it. Wish me look!! Look for it probably Friday on You Tube, and I will post on the blog and Facebook page as well.

Happy Stampin
Love Dawn

💗 !!Make time for crafting today not tomorrow!! 💗
#MAKETIME





No comments:

Post a Comment